Mobile Money Service
This is an electronic money management service that offers MTN subscribers absolute comfort in the management of their money using their mobile phones. The service is being offered by Cal Bank in collaboration with MTN.
Merchants such as retail shops or online shops can also use the service to receive payments and also make single or bulk payments. With this service, you do not need to go to the bank to be able to transfer funds to your loved ones.
It’s secured and it’s fast. Other benefits include:
- You do not need to have an account to use the service.
- The client’s transactions can be performed through a special PIN.
- The PIN can be changed by the clients when compromised.
- Ability to block one’s PIN by dialing 111 upon detecting that your mobile handset is lost.
- It can be used for cash withdrawals.
- Ability to transfer funds to Mobile Money subscribers and non-mobile users to make payment for goods and services.
- Ability to manage one’s funds (i.e. check account balance, request mini statements, change PIN etc.)
- Ability to pay bills e.g. DStv, ECG Postpaid, MTN Postpaid, School fees, etc.
- Ability to buy and pay for insurance
- Ability to pay for airline tickets and other goods and services
- Ability to access account online.
- Ability to top up one’s MTN airtime (credit) from his or wallet.
- Ability to pay utility bills.
- It can be used to make single or bulk payments
- Persons of ages 18years and above
- Only Ghanaians can register for this service. However, foreign nationals interested in applying for the service may require a residence permit or other legal documentations.
- Client must have an active MTN line.
- Valid national photo ID.