Verified By Visa (VbV)
Verified by Visa (VbV) is simply an additional layer of security, to the process of transacting business online. VbV is easy to use and gives you complete confidence when shopping or making payments online.
To ensure your security, a one-time code is sent to you every time you are ready to check out! You don’t use your current PIN to transact business online via VbV, further guaranteeing security on your card. Enjoy the safest way to shop and make payments online!
To enjoy this service when shopping online, visit website where you wish to shop and follow the following steps:
- Choose what you want to buy online.
- Go to the checkout page.
- Enter your Visa card details.
- You will receive a one-time password via SMS on your phone or by email
- Enter your password and click ‘submit’.
- Your identity is confirmed and your purchase is safely completed.
- Relax and wait for your order to be delivered.
- All users are encouraged to make transactions on ONLY websites that are VbV compliant.
- VISA is also encouraging merchants to sign up for the service thereby increasing the number websites that are compliant.
- A VbV compliant website will always request that you enter the computer generated code sent to your phone after entering all VISA card details.
The website must be VbV compliant in order to be protected by this security feature.
- Client must have a Cal Bank Visa ATM card.
- Client must register for this service.