Proxy Pay allows a Corporate client of a financial institution to register a mobile number or an alias that is uniquely mapped to their bank accounts. Payments from other parties to that account will require provision of the alias or phone number only.
CalBank clients can thus register a Proxy ID for the purposes of receiving payments from other Banks as well as make payments to Proxies of other clients. The fees are the same as regular GhIPSS Instant Pay (GIP) fees.
Please see convenient banking tab for steps on how to perform various services.
- Register Proxy/alias
- Transfer to other Proxy/alias
- Update Proxy account
- Unsubscribe from the Proxy Pay service
- View proxy details
- Convenience for payee to provide a proxy (phone number/alias) that can be easily remembered.
- Privacy of payee bank details is retained as payee does not disclose bank name, branch and account number to the payer.
- Minimal errors arising from provision of wrong bank account details.
- Reduce the time required to perform an interbank transaction as minimal information such as the proxy is required
Client must have a CalBank account.
Client must have subscribed to Mobile Banking (*771#).
- To Register Proxy ID as a Corporate Client
Dial *771#>> Select Option 7 (Other Services)>> Select Option 4 (Proxy Services)>> Select Option 1 (Register Proxy)>>Select Source Account>> Input text to use as proxy ID
- To Pay by Proxy ID
Dial *771#>> Select Option 2 (Transfers)>> Select Option 2 (Transfer to Other bank)>> Perform Transfer using Proxy ID>> Enter proxy ID of recipient
- To Update Proxy ID
Dial *771#>> Select Option 7 (Other Services)>> 2 (Update Proxy)>> Select proxy ID to update
- To Delete Proxy ID
Dial *771#>> Select Option 7 (Other Services)>> Select Option 3 (Delete Proxy)>> Select proxy ID to delete
- To Display Proxy ID
Dial *771#>>Select Option 7 (Other Services)>> Select Option 4 (Display Proxy Details)>> Select proxy ID to view details