NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF CALBANK LIMITED
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting of CalBank Limited will be held at 10:00a.m. on Thursday, 3rd May, 2018 at the Conference Auditorium of the Ghana College of Physicians and Surgeons, Ridge, Accra, Ghana to transact the following business:
- to receive and consider the Accounts of the Bank for the year ended December 31, 2017 together with the reports of the Directors and the External Auditor thereon;
- to re-elect the following Directors retiring by rotation from the Bank:
(a) Mr. Paarock VanPercy;
(b) Dr. Kobina Quansah; and
(c) Mr. Philip Owiredu;
- to re-elect the following Directors appointed to fill casual vacancies on the Board;
(a) Ms. Rosalind Kainyah;
(b) Mr. Kofi Osafo-Maafo; and
(c) Nana Otuo Acheampong;
- to authorise the Directors to fix the fees of the External Auditor; and
- to approve the remuneration of the Directors.
as special resolutions:
- to increase the authorised shares of the Bank from 1,000,000,000 ordinary shares to 2,000,000,000 ordinary shares by amending and adopting Regulation 7 of the Bank’s Regulations as follows;
“The Company is registered with 2,000,000,000 ordinary shares of no par value”;
- to authorise an increase in the stated capital of the Bank through, a transfer of GH¢171.68 million from
income surplus to stated capital;
- to approve a transfer of GH¢78.32 million from income surplus to stated capital and to undertake a
capitalisation issue by issuing 1 ordinary share to each existing shareholder for every 7 ordinary shares held;
as an ordinary resolution:
- to approve the purchase by the Bank of up to 15% of its issued shares, after the capitalisation issue.
Date this 19th day of March 2018
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
VERITAS ADVISORS LIMITED
A member entitled to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting may appoint a proxy to attend and vote
on his/her behalf. Such a proxy need not be a member of the Company.
The appointment of a proxy will not prevent a member from subsequently attending and voting at the
meeting in person. Where a member attends the meeting in person, the proxy appointment shall be deemed
to be revoked.
A copy of the Form of Proxy may be deposited at the registered office of the Registrar of the Company,
Central Securities Depository Ghana Limited, 4th floor, Cedi House, Accra or posted to the Registrar at PMB
CT 465 Cantonments, Accra to arrive not later than 10a.m. on Monday April 30, 2018.
For the full CalBank 2017 Annual report, please visit www.calbank.net